artists for peace and justice: cause campaigns
Founded in 2009 by Academy Award-winning filmmaker and screenwriter Paul Haggis, Artists for Peace and Justice (APJ) encourages peace and social justice, and addresses issues of poverty in communities around the world.
Raise awareness and funds to support APJ’s immediate goal which is to serve children and their families in the poorest communities in Haiti with programs focused on education, health and dignity.
WHAT WE DID:
- Natasha Koifman is the Canadian Chair of the Board at Artists for Peace and Justice and sits on the advisory board in the USA.
- Since 2009, NKPR has been APJ’s agency of record handling ongoing media relations, providing sponsorship and event fundraising strategy and successfully executing high-profile APJ fundraising events around the globe.
- NKPR hosts the annual APJ Festival Gala on the opening weekend of Toronto International Film Festival. This star-studded fundraiser has become one of the most highly anticipated events of the festival season. Past celebrity attendees have included: Sean Penn, Susan Sarandon, Helen Mirren, Olivia Wilde, Colin Firth, Adrien Brody, James Franco, Alexander Skarsgard and Maria Bello.
- In addition to activities during the Toronto film festival, by bringing artists together to celebrate for a cause, NKPR has supported APJ at exclusive events such as The Hollywood Awards and Cannes Film Festival and participates in strategic partnerships, aligned with top-tier brands like Bovet, Vhernier, Bulgari, Vanity Fair and Brioni.
- As a result of fundraising efforts that took place during the Toronto Film Festival in 2009, Artists for Peace and Justice opened the doors to the Academy for Peace and Justice in October 2010, just months after the earthquake.
- The first class at the Academy for Peace and Justice graduated in June 2016 with 150 students.
- The Academy is currently at full capacity with 2,800 students and takes in 600 new students each year.
- APJ has created jobs within the community by employing Haitians as teachers and support workers at the Academy.
- Sponsorship and event fundraising strategies have helped the organization raise almost $25 million US dollars to date.
"Natasha and her team's expertise and dedication to bringing our cause to the forefront made it a no-brainer to work with NKPR. Because of the work they've done for APJ, our organization has been able to raise not only funds for the children of Haiti, but global awareness, too. They really get what it is that APJ needs and they care just as much about the cause as I do. Working with NKPR is like working with a partner, not an agency."
PAUL HAGGIS - ACADEMY AWARD WINNING WRITER/DIRECTOR AND FOUNDER OF ARTISTS FOR PEACE AND JUSTICE (APJ)
312 Adelaide St. W. Suite 100
Toronto, ON M5V 1R2
+1 416 365 3630
87 Walker St. #6B
New York, NY 10013
+1 917 794 4984
All Rights Reserved ©2016 by NKPR Inc.