Lightspeed: Retail Roundtable
As the North American agency-of-record for Lightspeed, the most-powerful cloud-based point-of-sale system for independent retailers and restaurants, NKPR is a partner in bringing awareness to how the Canadian technology brand “ignites city streets” with a POS system that meets the demands of an evolving retail and restaurant climate. NKPR manages media relations, influencer relations and strategic planning in North America for the Montreal-based tech innovator that employs more than 600 globally, and has over 50,000 customers, managing more the $15 billion in global transactions.
In March 2017, NKPR planned and executed a dynamic retail roundtable, in partnership with Lightspeed, bringing together independent retailers from Toronto and Montreal, media personalities, and Lightspeed executives.
To produce real-time data and organic dialogue around the changing retail landscape and the challenges faced by independent retailers, opening the opportunity for business owners to connect about what is impacting their brands and how we can innovate to drive the future of retail forward.
WHAT WE DID:
- Curated a retail roundtable with five unique independent business owners from Toronto and Montreal, as well as media and industry leaders including Lightspeed Founder and CEO Dax Dasilva. NKPR President Natasha Koifman moderated the discussion.
- Asked a tailored list of questions to prompt conversation about the future of retail and how independent businesses could adapt to those changes, including the need for customization, brand-building, location, design, and social media
- Opened a dialogue on retail trends from the perspective of a business owner and from the prospective of digital influencers and business media, who commented on the tools that retailers need to find success in the digital age where customers expect to be met where they are, 24 hours a day
- Assisted in building relationships among independents who ignite the city streets of Toronto and Montreal, highlighting Lightspeed’s customer-centric approach
- Participating retailers included: ETIKET, Piccoum.com, Tokyo Smoke, Wonder Pens and LoversLand
- Timely, detailed results and retailer insight generated positive media buzz resulting in a broadcast segment with BNN The Street (featuring Lightspeed CEO Dax Dasilva), and post-event features in TechVibes, WWD and Retail-Insider
- Created insightful data and quotes from retailers who use Lightspeed for in-store POS, eCommerce or omnichannel, to support ongoing business and product development for Lightspeed
- Set a precedent for similar retail roundtable events hosted globally in 2017
312 Adelaide St. W. Suite 100
Toronto, ON M5V 1R2
+1 416 365 3630
87 Walker St. #6B
New York, NY 10013
+1 917 794 4984
All Rights Reserved ©2016 by NKPR Inc.