Finding the right gift for the men in your life, whether it’s your dad, boyfriend, husband or brother is never an easy task. In the spirit of the holiday season, we thought we would lend a helping hand and give you some fool-proof ideas that are sure to please any man in your life.
1. Hi-Tec’s Zuuk Shoe
Because: This is an uber lightweight multisport shoe for men and women. Giving the gift of all day comfort is something that everyone will love.
2. Wild Turkey 81
Because: While this is a truly mixable spirit (that delivers Wild Turkey’s famous kick every time), we’re willing to bet that any man on your list is going to indulge in this classic beverage on the rocks. Perfectly smooth, it’s the longest-aged bourbon or Tennessee whiskey in its class. Now that’s what the holiday spirit is all about!
3. RW&CO.’s Brown Herringbone Jacket with Fur Trimmed Hood
Because: With a warm and fuzzy fur-trimmed hood and a classic fit that’s just right, this is the perfect gift for your man this season.
Here at NKPR we’re firm believers that it’s always better to give than to receive–so we can’t think of a better gift than a charitable one. Here are our favourite holiday gifts that give back!
1. SHOP.CA SodaStream Genesis Starter Kit, Red
Perfect for: The Domestic Goddess
Because: As Canada’s largest eCommerce retailer, SHOP.CA knows the importance of giving back. For every purchase over $50, SHOP.CA donates $1 to Me to We and Free the Children and has already helped build a school in Africa.
2 and 4. Donations to Artists for Peace and Justice and Camp Oochigeas
Perfect for: Spreading The True Meaning of the Holidays
Because: Not everyone gets to enjoy the holidays in the way we’re used to. No matter the size of the donation, every festive penny counts towards making a difference.
Camp Oochigeas, a camp for children with cancer, offers year-round programs for children affected by childhood cancer at the Ooch Downtown facility in Toronto, SickKids Hospital and the campsite in Muskoka. A donation of $125 will send a child with cancer to camp for half a day and $250 will cover a full day.
Artists for Peace & Justice supports the poorest areas of Haiti and provides education, hot meals, clean drinking water and regular medical treatments to children. Special for 2012, APJ invites you and 11 friends to experience the power of 12: 12 friends giving $12 per month for 12 months; this will send a child to school in Haiti, providing a full year scholarship, including tuition, uniforms, meals and access to medical care.
3. House of Marley Chant Portable Sound System
Perfect for: The Musician
Because: House of Marley’s mission is to create high-quality products in a way that is ethical, environmentally friendly and timeless. By using eco-friendly, renewable and natural materials and packaging, Marley is committed to reducing its impact on the Earth. Additionally, Marley products support 1Love, the Marley family’s charitable organization. A portable sound system that supports youth, the planet and peace? That’s music to our ears!
Perfect for: The beauty obsessed and conscious BFF
Because: Considered the most hydrating body moisturizer in the Kiehl’s line, this super-enriched, nurturing body treatment is ideal for extremely dry skin. When you buy one, this high-profile collaboration with New York Pop artist Kenny Scharf will ensure that 100% of the proceeds from sales of this collection benefit local pediatric oncology camps.
This holiday season, we’ve made it our goal to get the special people on our list the most perfect gift out there. The result? Four easy to shop, easy to love guides that are ideal for everyone on your list. Befitting an office full of fashion-savvy ladies (ahem, and one man), the first installment is a collection that showcases the most fabulous gifts for every lady on your list. From Mom, to your college roommate or amazing best friend, we’ve got a pretty foolproof list of ideas that won’t disappoint!
1. Still haven’t found that one perfect gift? We have: the Pronenza lace top, available at M For Mendocino. Don’t bother including a gift receipt. This one won’t be returned.
2. All those holiday calories coming your way? Go ahead, indulge. The Jones New York ‘Mercer Bootcut’ denim has secret slimming features (including stretch panel technology) that smooth, support and slim the waistline for a perfect fit.
3. This one’s a no-brainer: no woman should go without a sleek manicure. With the Winter Collection, the colour geniuses at essie did all the work for you: just pick your fave shades from the cool and cozy hues, perfect for the chilly months ahead.
4. Stila’s festive Snow Angel colour palette is as cute (and yet just as practical) as it gets: a snowflake-shaped pan containing 12 flattering cheek colours and 18 versatile eye shadows that can be applied wet or dry. The best part? It comes with a deluxe Stay All Day Waterproof Volumizing Mascara, as well as a step-by-step artistry look book for inspiration and tips. Brilliant!
5. The holidays mean one thing: sparkle. Whether you’re hanging out under the mistletoe, or gifting your sister with the perfect New Year’s Eve outfit that you can inconspicuously borrow, RACHEL Rachel Roy’s Lara Jumpsuit is as glam as it gets.
6. Stocking stuffers are always the hardest part of sartorial gift giving. What’s something little, cute, and useful that just about any woman can’t live without? Tweezerman’s animal print slant tweezers. Done!
7. While we don’t all have the perfect set of lashes, Ardell’s Double Up Lashes Collection is our little (secret!) helper this season, with lashes that are natural, thick, and come in three different styles. We won’t tell if you won’t.
8. Mendocino’s beaded Parker dress is one of those wardrobe staples that transition from party to party without losing its wow-factor. Need we say more?
Feeling the holiday crunch? This week is all about last minute gift guides and these amazing items are on the top of our list!
With limited edition palettes on shelves, beauty experts everywhere agree the holiday season is the best time to buy! The latest and greatest – Stila’s Dream in Full Colour Palette features 29 eye shadows, seven cheek colours and a waterproof eyeliner. [ Globe and Mail ]
Front page worthy gift ideas? House of Marley’s Positive Vibrations Headphones are a bright and vibrant way to enjoy music! [ 24 Hours ] Also in this issue, be sure to pick up a travel pillow for any long flights this holiday season. We love this memory foam option from Obusforme!