You’ve done your holiday shopping, the menu is planned, the cookies are baked, but you still need to fill those stockings! Here are some last minute ideas that won’t break the bank and are guaranteed to please.
For the beauty lover in your life make-up makes a great stocking stuffer and it’s so much fun to mix and match products like these ones below.
Stuffing chocolate in a stocking is always a crowd pleaser and this year you can up your game with this stunning truffle collection. Pusateri’s has partnered with celebrity chef Chuck Hughes, CXBO’s chef Brandon Olsen and artist Sarah Keenlyside to create three different flavours that include ingredients from Chuck’s food line (grade A maple syrup, jalapeno hot sauce and balsamic vinegar). It also comes in a collectable hand-painted nine-piece box. $22.50
With names like Mistletoe Wishes, Ice Berry Queen and Midnight Kisses, this line is made to be in a stocking. The shampoo and conditioner work to help smooth and hydrate hair making it bright, clean and fresh! $8.99
A fun thing to do after opening presents and enjoying a holiday meal is doing hair masks. It’s also a great way to battle dry hair in the winter. Maui Moisture offers three different masks that use 100% aloe juice. They leave hair soft, healthy and smelling amazing. $10.99
Square One’s souped-up gift card could possibly be the best stocking stuffer of all time. The reason? Well, your stocking recipient can use it at any of the 330 stores or in any of the restaurants at Square One. And it can also be put towards a flight on Porter Airlines or a stay at multiple hotels across Canada.
That’s right! The Holiday season is now upon us and we can’t help but embrace it with all of the fun upcoming events to help us get in the festive spirit!
What better way to kick-off the holiday season than with Swarovski at one of Canada’s most iconic heritage buildings? Join us at Union Station for the official unveiling of this year’s Swarovski Holiday Tree on Friday, November 16th starting at 5:00 pm. Liz Trinnear will be hosting an official lighting countdown ceremony, holiday mingle AND a special live performance from TD Music!
BONUS: Snap a pic of the iconic holiday tree and tag @Swarovski@TorontoUnion and #BrillianceForAll #UnionHoliday – the best post will win a $1,000 shopping spree. Download full contest rules and regulations here.
Tis the season to eat, drink and be merry! Although it is a time of celebration, it can also be very stressful trying to pull everything together. Luckily, NKPR is here to help you to plan the perfect holiday party.
So from our family to yours, here’s a list all of the things you need to be plan the most enviable party of the season…
Mmm there is nothing that says the holidays like the smell of peppermint, apple cider and roasted nuts. Thanks to DAVIDsTEA, these wonderful holiday smells have now been bottled – well, in the form of a candle! These 100% soy wax candles (inspired by some DAVIDsTEA fan-favourites) are the perfect way to create a warm and inviting atmosphere at your holiday party. They are environmentally friendly, long-lasting and they come in adorable mason jars so they look as great as they smell. Your guests will be greeted by festive cheer the moment they step into the room!
Cooking for a large group of people can be extremely challenging, not to mention the difficulties in pleasing each of your special guests. Good thing pasta is a huge crowd pleaser and offers variety to your holiday spread! Barilla pasta has a wide selection of white, whole grain, egg and gluten-free pasta. Get creative! Offer a Farfalle with fava beans and smoked pancetta, or a Rotini pasta salad with walnuts, sun-dried tomatoes, parmigiano reggiano cheese and basil – the possibilities are endless!
No need to put your health kick on hiatus for the holidays! Eat Nakd Whole Food Snack Bars inspired some delicious snacks perfect for your guests to munch on by the fireplace. This quick and easy recipe will allow your guests to indulge in those sweet holiday cravings guilt-free! Try one of Eat Nakd’s other signature flavours to create your own holiday-inspired decadent desserts.
Eat Naked Truffles with Sea Salt
1 ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
½ cup cream cheese
½ cup icing sugar
½ teaspoon coconut extract (optional)
5 Eat Nakd 35 g bar, roughly chopped
½ cup dark chocolate chips
1 tsp coconut oil
½ teaspoon pink Himalayan sea salt
Beat the coconut, cream cheese, icing sugar and extract with Eat Nakd Bars until smooth. Roll into 1 ½ inch balls and place on a wax paper-lined cookie sheet. Freeze for about one hour. In a small saucepan over low heat, melt the chocolate and coconut oil, while stirring constantly. Dip each coconut ball into the melted chocolate with a fork, covering the ball completely with chocolate, letting the excess drain through the fork tongs. Use a spoon to lightly push truffle off fork and back onto the wax paper. Spring with sea salt. Refrigerate until set. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Provide your guests with that festive, warm and fuzzy feeling by serving Schloer Winter Iced Tea Cocktails, the perfect refreshment for your holiday party! The Swiss sparkling grape–based refreshment, is débuting in Canada just in time for the holiday party-hosting season. Consisting of only the very best in fruit juices from concentrate and purest waters, Shloer contains no preservatives, artificial colours, sweeteners or flavourings. Alone or mixed with your favourite spirits, it offers a wonderful, sparkling toast to the season!
Presentation of the food you’re serving is just as important as the taste. Enhance your table’s decor by adding some Zwilling ceramics and cookwares to beautifully display the dishes you’ve so carefully prepared. The Staub Ceramic Terrine combines functional design, exceptional quality and elegant presentation; a beautiful addition to your party. Take a fresh-cooked loaf straight from the oven to your table and give your guests the taste of comfort food that reminds them of being home at Mom’s for the holidays!
We all know that the best memories are made around the dinner table. It is where friends and family gather to embrace each other over delicious food and stimulating conversation, and it is important to create a beautiful setting to share these moments. Make your dining room the highlight of your party with design inspiration from interior designer Lori Morris. These elegant table setting ideas will make a statement at your party and will be guaranteed to help make the memories surrounding the table last a lifetime.
This holiday season, we’ve made it our goal to get the special people on our list the most perfect gift out there. The result? Four easy to shop, easy to love guides that are ideal for everyone on your list. Befitting an office full of fashion-savvy ladies (ahem, and one man), the first installment is a collection that showcases the most fabulous gifts for every lady on your list. From Mom, to your college roommate or amazing best friend, we’ve got a pretty foolproof list of ideas that won’t disappoint!
1. Still haven’t found that one perfect gift? We have: the Pronenza lace top, available at M For Mendocino. Don’t bother including a gift receipt. This one won’t be returned.
2. All those holiday calories coming your way? Go ahead, indulge. The Jones New York ‘Mercer Bootcut’ denim has secret slimming features (including stretch panel technology) that smooth, support and slim the waistline for a perfect fit.
3. This one’s a no-brainer: no woman should go without a sleek manicure. With the Winter Collection, the colour geniuses at essie did all the work for you: just pick your fave shades from the cool and cozy hues, perfect for the chilly months ahead.
4. Stila’s festive Snow Angel colour palette is as cute (and yet just as practical) as it gets: a snowflake-shaped pan containing 12 flattering cheek colours and 18 versatile eye shadows that can be applied wet or dry. The best part? It comes with a deluxe Stay All Day Waterproof Volumizing Mascara, as well as a step-by-step artistry look book for inspiration and tips. Brilliant!
5. The holidays mean one thing: sparkle. Whether you’re hanging out under the mistletoe, or gifting your sister with the perfect New Year’s Eve outfit that you can inconspicuously borrow, RACHEL Rachel Roy’s Lara Jumpsuit is as glam as it gets.
6. Stocking stuffers are always the hardest part of sartorial gift giving. What’s something little, cute, and useful that just about any woman can’t live without? Tweezerman’s animal print slant tweezers. Done!
7. While we don’t all have the perfect set of lashes, Ardell’s Double Up Lashes Collection is our little (secret!) helper this season, with lashes that are natural, thick, and come in three different styles. We won’t tell if you won’t.
8. Mendocino’s beaded Parker dress is one of those wardrobe staples that transition from party to party without losing its wow-factor. Need we say more?