We are proud to announce the launch of NK Artists – a brand new division of NKPR that connects talent and artists we are passionate about with strategic programs and endorsements that drive their personal brands forward.
Opening this division was a natural progression for our agency as there is so much talent who need help building their brands. We consistently develop strategic partnerships for clients that raise their profiles in meaningful ways. NK Artists is the perfect opportunity for us to deliver the same results for artists, creating programs that allow them to grow and drive their brand forward.
Often it’s the small changes in lifestyle that have the greatest success when it comes to making New Year’s Resolutions. With this in mind, we’re sharing 5 small yet effective changes you can make to your daily beauty and lifestyle routine for 2014!
1. Drink more water. Not only does this do wonders for your skin, immune system and workout performance, it also helps curb the ‘hunger’ that comes from dehydration. We love Aquahydrate as it offers the electrolyte benefits of a sports drink without the sugar and calories, and boasts a pH level of 9+ to restore the body after a tough workout.
2. Add a touch of glamour to your daily makeup routine with a bold red lip – it’s a simple change that has an amazing impact on your look. Pair it with an all black office-chic ensemble or rock it with a pair of boyfriend jeans and chunky sweater on weekends. One you go red, you’ll never go back! Avon’s ‘Poppy Love’ is an office favourite.
3. Swap coffee for tea. Don’t get us wrong, we love our skinny lattes, however tea has added antioxidant (and zero calorie) benefits that put it on the top of our list of hot bevvys to drink (especially in the winter months!) With so many flavours available, there’s something for everyone. Our pick? DAVIDsTEA detox green tea!
4. Whether its trying out a new restaurant or taking a different route to work…embrace change!
5. Use sunscreen! The latest lotions are formulated for everyday wear and will take years (yes, years!) off your skin’s aging process. It’s never too late to start protecting your skin – just think, in 10 years you’ll be sending thanks to your past, savvy self! Kiehl’s Super Fluid UV Defense SPF 50 is our daily go-to for 2014.
What are some of your New Year’s Resolutions? Tweet us at @natashaNKPR!
We’re sharing our gift inspiration for moms, sisters, best friends and loved ones! Give the gift of luxury with a statement Mulberry bracelet or a trip to the beautiful Loews Hotel Vogue in Montreal, or opt for something indulgent like Kiehl’s pampering products or a mark. makeup palette! If she loves fashion, our picks are stylish, on-trend pieces from RACHEL Rachel Roy. Happy gifting!
1. A luxurious stay at Montreal’s Loews Hotel Vogue (see loewshotels.com for more information)
2. Kiehl’s Creme de Corps (comes in two sizes – $37.50 for a 250mL bottle or $62 for a 500mL bottle, available at Kiehl’s stores or kiehls.ca)
3. Mulberry Bayswater Bracelet in Soft Gold Metal ($380 at Mulberry stores)
4. RACHEL Rachel Roy Embellished Pullover ($109 at The Hudson Bay Co and thebay.com)
5. mark. Super Colour Box Total Face Palette ($25 available through an Avon Independent Sales Representative, 1-800-265-AVON or online at avon.ca)
6. Anne Klein Mixed Media Sheath Dress ($149 at The Hudson Bay Co and thebay.com)
7. Gift from the Giftagram App (Free app available on iTunes, gifts for him, her, kids and pets)
8. Kiehl’s Limited Edition CAPOC Creme de Corps Soy Milk and Honey Whipped Body Butter ($45 at Kiehl’s stores and kiehls.ca)
9. RACHEL Rachel Roy Embellished Dress ($149 at The Hudson Bay Co and thebay.com)
10. Kiehl’s Limited Edition Eric Haze Ultra Facial Cream ($32 at Kiehl’s stores and kiehls.ca)
And the gift that keeps on giving…NK for !XAM ring-to-wrist bracelets. All proceeds support Artists for Peace and Justice and Haiti! (Available here)
Whether you’re shopping for your friend, boyfriend, Uncle or Dad, there are lots of options to choose from when it comes to finding the perfect gift. You can never go wrong with a sweater or accessory, but how about upping the ante with a hotel stay or gift set of men’s grooming products? We’ve curated our favourite gift ideas for all of the men in your life.
1. Kiehl’s Essentials for Him Gift Set ($35 at Kiehl’s stores and kiehls.ca)
2. A stay at the luxurious Montreal Loews Hotel Vogue (see loewshotels.com for more information)
3. Hayden Christensen for RW&CO. Reversible Sweatshirt ($69 at RW&CO stores and rw-co.com)
4. House of Marley Get Together Bluetooth Portable Audio System ($249.99 at houseofmarley.ca)
5. Gift from the Giftagram App (Free app available on iTunes, gifts for him, her, kids and pets)
6. ATTITUDE blazer ($169.99 at Sears and sears.ca)
7. ATTITUDE Flat Front Dress Pant ($99.99 at Sears and sears.ca)
8. Hayden Christensen for RW&CO. Plaid Scarf ($35 at RW&CO stores and rw-co.com)
Christmas Stockings – the perfect opportunity to gift those special, small but sweet presents for your loved ones. Aside from the traditional stocking stuffers (a clementine, chocolate…you know the drill), we’ve curated our top picks that are sure to please!
1. Jessica Ear Muffs ($34.99 at Sears and online at sears.ca)
2. DAVIDsTEA Winter Collection ($27.50 at DAVIDsTEA stores and online at davidstea.com)
3. Essie Belugaria Polish ($9.99 at leading salons across Canada)
4. Avon Candylicious Lip Gloss ($3.99 available through an Avon Independent Sales Representative, 1-800-265-AVON or online at avon.ca)
5. Mulberry Heart Keyring in Soft Gold Metal ($120.00 at Mulberry stores)
6. Kiehl’s Lip Balm #1 ($8.50 for a 15mL tube at Kiehl’s stores and online at kiehls.ca)
7. Tweezerman Hot Pink Mini Brow Rescue Kit ($30.00 at Sephora stores and online at Sephora.com)
8. Tweezerman Isaac Mizrahi Designer Series Filemate Candy Buttons ($5.00 at Sephora stores and online at Sephora.com)
Happy Holidays from NKPR! We’re celebrating with a week of giving featuring our favourite products from Kiehl’s, Avon, Tweezerman, Essie, bottlegreen, SKYY Vodka, Yo Sox, DAVIDsTEA, Inhibitif and Giftagram!
In one word, what do the holidays mean to you?
Follow and tweet us at @NatashaNKPR with the hashtag #NKPRHolidayLove for a chance to win a new prize each day…our gift to you!
Day One: Avon Pretty in Neutrals Makeup Palettes
Day Two: Essie Holiday 2013 Encrusted Treasures Collection
Day 3: Our favourite Tweezerman tools
Day 4: DAVIDsTEA Holiday Collection and The Perfect Tea Mug
Day 5: A $50 Giftagram credit and $50 gift certificate to Balzac’s Coffee
Movember – that special time of the year when men trade in their clean shave and proudly sport their moustaches for a cause! We love how creative the Movember initiative is (we’re all for building buzz for the cause!), but one thing is for certain: if you’re going to rock the ‘stache, staying groomed and trimmed is a must! We’re sharing our top picks for achieving the perfect Movember look featuring our favourite products and tools. Gentlemen, take note!
Kiehl’s Facial Fuel Sky Flyin’ Foaming Multi-Gel
A pre-shave must! Formulated with Ginseng and Bamboo Extract, this foam-gel functions as both an effective shaving preparation and cleanser. The rich, dense lather helps to minimizing the look of redness and irritation due to shaving, and its cleansing properties remove oil and impurities without over-drying.
Kiehl’s Facial Fuel Energizing Face Wash
This energizing facial cleanser thoroughly removes dirt, surface oil, and impurities without an over-drying effect. Formulated with Caffeine, Menthol, and Vitamin E – as well as invigorating extracts derived from Lemon and Orange Peels – its unique blend helps to refresh and waken skin, preparing it for a less irritating, more comfortable shave. This effective “refueling facial cleanser” further helps skin resist the effects of environmental stress and gives dull, tired-looking skin a fresher, healthier appearance.
Tweezerman Deluxe Shaving Brush
A shaving brush is a must for achieving the perfect shave. Made of 100% badger hair, the densely filled brush head is ideal for holding and distributing lather. The bristles help soften and raise hair while gently exfoliating the skin in preparation for a close, comfortable shave.
Kiehl’s Ultimate Mens After Shave Balm and Moisturizer
How you care for your shave is one of the biggest factors in achieving a smooth, groomed finish. Formulated especially for the shaven area of a man’s face, this rich cream contains Allantoin, Avocado Oil, Cocoa Butter and Vitamin E to soothe and moisturize the skin after the impact of shaving or anytime.
Kiehl’s Ultimate Man Razor Bump Relief
Don’t let the burn get you down! A potent, yet soothing treatment formulated to prevent and reduce the appearance of unsightly razor bumps, ingrown hairs, and razor burn.
Tweezerman Mens Essential Grooming Kit
A must-have for every man’s toiletry bag: Nail Clippers, a Pocket Nail File, Facial Hair Scissors (with rounded tips for safety and comfort) — and a pocket-portable Stainless Steel Point Tweezerette.
This week’s IT List is all about spring! Not only are we enjoying the early sun, but we are also incredibly excited for everything that comes with the season: new fashion, beauty and Toronto’s World MasterCard Fashion Week!
Refresh your wardrobe with a classic work staple from Jones New York. This iconic white shirt is sure to empower your style in and out of the office! [Women of Influence]
Pyjama chic? We love these slouchy printed Mendocino pants for spring, perfect to pair with your favourite fitted tee! [Flare]
Looking to turn heads this spring? Make a statement with this turquoise laguna necklace from Lia Sophia! [Toronto Sun]
We are incredibly excited that beauty icon Essie Weingarten, the founder and president of essie cosmetics, is in town for Toronto’s Fashion Week! Read all about essie’s 30th anniversary in the first ever issue of [Style Empire]
One of the earliest signs of aging is hyper-pigmentation. The non-invasive solution according to dermatologist Dr. Adam Geyer? Kiehl’s Clearly Corrective Dark Spot Solution packed full of Vitamin C, white birch and peony extract! Don’t forget sunscreen as a preventative measure! We like Kiehl’s Super Fluid UV Defense SPF 50! [Chatelaine]