CAFA: Developing a Brand
In 2014, the Canadian Arts and Fashion Awards (CAFA) approached NKPR to raise the profile of the organisation’s activities throughout the year and the gala event which recognizes and celebrates outstanding achievement, and supports emerging talent in Canadian fashion.
To position the gala as Canada’s premier fashion presentation and to showcase CAFA’s ongoing support of Canadian fashion beyond the gala.
What We Did
- Secured notable international style and fashion influencers to raise the profile and build credibility for the gala and the organisation, including Yahoo! Style Editor-in-Chief and executive creative director Joe Zee (Host 2015), actress Kim Cattrall (Host 2016), Style Superstar Olivia Palermo (Presenter, Vanguard Award 2015), Celebrity Stylist Brad Goreski (Jury Member, Presenter 2015), supermodel Elle Macpherson and more.
- Spearheaded all media relations and red carpet management, securing coverage in top tier national print, broadcast and online outlets, including multiple pieces in Canadian Press, Women’s Wear Daily, The Globe and Mail, Toronto Star, National Post, CBC, HELLO! Canada, Vogue Italy and France, Huffington Post, Entertainment Tonight Canada, eTalk.
- NKPR developed the Canadian Fashion Fund Roundtable, bringing together national fashion and business media and designers for a forum to discuss and share invaluable feedback surrounding the Canadian fashion industry.
- In the first two years working with CAFA, NKPR has generated over 450 pieces of coverage and over 300 million media impressions, elevating overall awareness and understanding of the event and CAFA’s overarching mandate – to create opportunity and international visibility for the Canadian fashion industry and its designers.
- 2016 CAFAs were attended by high-profile guests including Madame Sophie Gregoire Trudeau, Karlie Kloss, Elle Macpherson, Coco Rocha, Jay Manuel, Winnie Harlow among others.
- The gala event was named by Toronto Life as the Best Bash of the Year in 2015 and named the Oscars of Canadian fashion.