DAVIDsTEA: INCREASING NATIONAL AWARENESS
When DAVIDsTEA opened its first location in 2008 on vibrant Queen St. W. in Toronto, the vision was to make loose leaf tea accessible to everyone and to create a friendly environment within a colourful and modern store. The success of the first store led to more openings and aggressive growth plans. To support that growth, DAVIDsTEA brought NKPR on as a partner and agency of record to manage all strategic PR initiatives.
To increase awareness among target consumer groups on a national level and in select local markets, driving sales and supporting expansion.
WHAT WE DID:
- Built a robust media relations strategy focused on generating a steady stream of national and local press by hosting targeted media preview events, store openings, national media tours, and generating deeper feature profiles
- Through an understanding of what resonates in local markets, developed strategic event and partnership opportunities to align the DAVIDsTEA brand with other influential, fun, authentic and fashionable brands
- Supported the brand in launching their first North American philanthropic partnership with ME to WE, generating widespread awareness and prominent coverage with key target outlets including CBC The Exchange, eTalk, Best Health, LOULOU, Marketing Magazine etc.
- NKPR earned over 685 million media impressions in the first five years, via 1,450 pieces of coverage for DAVIDsTEA increasing widespread national awareness for the brand, which has rapidly expanded its consumer presence and cult loyalty
- Put DAVIDsTEA in the hands of notable celebrities and leveraged the brand’s engagement with celebrities and influencers such as Adrien Brody, Brendan Gleeson, David Cronenberg, Hannah Bronfman, Kreesha Turner to name a few
- From the time that NKPR was brought on as agency of record, DAVIDsTEA has grown from 70 to 202 stores
312 Adelaide St. W. Suite 100
Toronto, ON M5V 1R2
+1 416 365 3630
411 Lafayette Street, 6th floor
New York, NY 10003
+1 917 794 4984
All Rights Reserved ©2016 by NKPR Inc.