Food District at Square One: Media Relations and Grand Opening
Develop a strategic PR plan around the lead-up and launch of The Food District at Square One to create awareness, ongoing buzz, social media traction and to secure an ongoing stream of broadcast, print and digital coverage in consumer, trade and retail press.
What We Did
- Executed hard hat preview tours of where The Food District would be housed in advance of the opening with select top-tier retail, business and food media to secure feature coverage and provide interview opportunities.
- Hosted a pre-launch media preview event for media to get the first view of The Food District and sample the food offerings to create buzz and press coverage in advance of the opening, leveraging celebrity personality, Food God Jonathan Cheban.
- Engaged Square One and Oxford Properties’ key stakeholders for a sneak peek of The Food District before the official public opening, leveraging Food Network Canada personality John Catucci.
- Amplified the public grand opening of The Food District to maintain media attention and social media buzz by creating a unique “ribbon-cutting” moment with the current and past Mississauga mayors, and leveraging local notables for launch programming.
- Researched and executed a 360-degree strategic media buy across broadcast, online and social channels in the lead-up and throughout the opening of The Food District.
- 44,510,285 media impressions across 141 individual media hits
- Feature coverage highlights include eTalk, BNN, blogTO, Toronto Life, The Toronto Sun, Retail-Insider, Toronto Star (online), Style Democracy, Daily Hive, Mississauga News, etc.