Lanterra Developments: Tour De Toronto Broker Event
On August 12, 2020, Lanterra Developments launched Tour de Toronto: Cycle for a Cure. Inspired by the importance of health and giving back during COVID-19, the event was a one-of-a-kind immersive bike-a-thon in Toronto and live-streamed online. NKPR, as PR agency of record for Lanterra Developments since 2018, developed a unique event strategy with a digital component. The goal was to maximize engagement with brokers and agents to sell condominiums while also raising funds for the Canadian Cancer Society.
The goal was to connect with target agents and business associates at the bike-a-thon, generate public excitement and donation funds through the live stream, and carefully navigate COVID-19 event parameters during Stage 3 of Toronto’s re-opening.
What We Did
- Secured all event vendors leading up to the event and managed them on-site to create a positive, safe experience for guests that followed guidelines from Ontario Public Health
- Recommended precise invite messaging about COVID-19 regulations in place for the bike-a-thon and managed on-site communication to guests about guidelines they must follow throughout the event
- Negotiated, secured, and facilitated a partnership with KiSS 92.5 to bring on notable radio hosts Maurie and Shem from the Roz & Mocha Show as hosts alongside emcee Taylor Kaye, Canadian radio and television personality.
- The Tour de Toronto: Cycle for a Cure engaged 100 guests, including key broker and agent cyclists.
- VIP guest appearances from Mayor John Tory and the president of the Canadian Cancer Society
- Total funds raised for the Canadian Cancer Society: $145,000
- The media partnership resulted in impactful social media promotion from Maurie, Shem, and Taylor; KiSS 92.5 advertisements leading up to the event; and organic promotion during the Roz & Mocha Show on the morning of the event.