Lightspeed New York Round Table: Event Management
Powering the world’s best businesses, Lightspeed is a unified POS and payments platform for ambitious retail and restaurant business owners to accelerate growth, provide the best customer experiences, and become go-to destinations. Lightspeed’s cloud commerce solution transforms and unifies online and physical operations, multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions, and connection to supplier networks. Powering merchants in over 100 countries, Lightspeed has a deep understanding of the technology these businesses need to thrive in an ever-changing economy.
With a roundtable in New York City at Michelin-star restaurant Clover Hill, Lightspeed intended to build meaningful relationships with key journalists, analysts, industry partners and retail/hospitality customers, while also sharing insights to build authentic thought leadership content that would position Lightspeed execs as industry visionaries.
What We Did
- Ideated concept and developed event strategy
- Coordinated logistics with restaurant Clover Hill (Lightspeed customer), videographer, and photographer
- Created detailed run of show, developed format for the roundtable, line of questioning, and key messaging for Lightspeed executives.
- Invited key top-tier media and industry analysts
- Secured Yahoo! Finance anchor Julie Hyman as roundtable moderator
- On-site support to manage vendors
- Provided counsel on post-event blog and social media content
- Secured attendance from Yahoo! Finance anchor, Fortune’s “Top CEOs” leadership journalist, Javelin Strategies’ Senior Payments Analyst, and much more.
- Post-roundtable interview with Retail TouchPoints
- Built a long-standing relationship with Yahoo! Finance Live journalist Julie Heyman that resulted in three different editorial opportunities and more ongoing.
- A payments industry analyst left feeling educated about Lightspeed and said would consider mentioning Lightspeed in ongoing reports
- Extensive content at Clover Hill for social media, more in-depth thought leadership multimedia, and product marketing
- Customer engagement with Melissa Joy Manning (New York jewelry retailer) and Clover Hill that showed CEO JP Chauvet’s support at a grassroots level, resulting in commitments to customer videos and interviews for PR
- The excitement from the Lightspeed executive team to pursue roundtables in other priority markets across North America