MEC: Store Grand Opening: Toronto Flagship
- Develop a public relations and launch strategy for Mountain Equipment Co-op’s (MEC) highly anticipated Toronto flagship store relocation to Queen St. West to create ongoing buzz and press coverage in the lead-up, opening and post-launch.
What We Did
- Developed and distributed a press release announcing the new flagship location to create widespread buzz around the opening and secure interview and coverage opportunities with business, lifestyle, and trade press.
- Executed hard hat preview tours to show the development of the new MEC flagship space in advance of the opening to secure feature coverage with top tier retail and business outlets.
- Hosted over 40 top tier media and influencers for an exclusive preview and guided tour of the store before the public grand opening to maintain media attention and social media buzz.
- Over 16 million media impressions on top tier local and national press outlets.
- Feature coverage highlights include The Globe and Mail, Toronto Life, Strategy Magazine, Retail-Insider, blogTO, Style Democracy and many more.
- MEC had the most new co-op member sign-ups for a store opening weekend.