Mulberry: Focus on Sales
When UK-based iconic luxury retailer Mulberry decided to open their first two standalone stores in the Canadian market, NKPR was brought on board as the PR agency of record.
To launch Mulberry’s first retail locations in Toronto, establish and further increase awareness and build buzz for the brand and drive sales in the Canadian market.
What We Did
- Developed a multi-prong approach focused on telling the story of the “Made in England” heritage and craftsmanship to very tailored audiences.
- Planned and executed preview events with key media, influencers and concierges to target the right demographic.
- Developed and managed strategic press trips to New York City and London for target media to experience the Mulberry story.
- Held private shopping events at the stores with top Canadian luxury customers, and built strategic partnerships with brand-aligned luxury brands.
- Leveraged international campaigns and celebrity collaborations (Cara Delevigne, Georgia May Jagger, Cressida Bonas and more) to generate feature press opportunities.
- Developed and executed Canadian strategy for introduction of the new global creative director Johnny Coca and the launch of his first collection; secured Canadian exclusives with top-tier media targets, including The Globe and Mail, Flare and The Kit.
- NKPR earned over 350 million media impressions via 470 pieces of meaningful feature, editorial and product placement coverage for Mulberry in key fashion, business and entertainment outlets. Thus resulted in increased product requests and sales.
- Secured worldwide exclusive broadcast partnerships with Entertainment Tonight Canada that resulted in series of broadcast segments covering Mulberry’s key milestones and campaigns.
- Both Mulberry stores in Canada became top selling stores in North America.
- Clienteling resulted in meaningful relationships for the brand and the stores, which drove consistent sales.