NKPR Spring Events Recap
These past few months, our events calendar has kept us on our toes and we absolutely loved it! From rolling out the red carpet and organizing press days, to hosting launch parties and unveiling brand experiences – events form a huge part of NKPR’s DNA. Our personalized approach and strong relationships with our clients allow us to tailor each event to their unique needs, and create unforgettable experiences that leave guests asking for more! In case you missed it, here’s a recap of all the events that Team NKPR worked on in the last month:
- Fleur De Villes at Bloor-Yorkville: Our favourite Toronto neighbourhood, Bloor-Yorkville was abloom with colour from May 4th until the 8th! Fleur de Villes paid tribute to trailblazing and trendsetting women throughout the ages with its theme for the year, ‘FEMMES.’ As a self-guided floral trail through Bloor-Yorkville, the event featured over 40 innovative, fresh floral installations and pop-ups across the neighbourhood, allowing visitors to learn more about these notable women through interactive displays. Team NKPR worked to secure press coverage to promote the week-long event by offering private tours to a select group of influencers and media for an educational walk-through of the district! Through our private tours, NKPR secured coverage in Narcity, Blog TO, Daily Hive and The Toronto Guardian.
- Adrak Restaurant Launch: Fantastic Indian cuisine in Toronto has a new name – Adrak! We hosted previews for select media and influencers and took them on an unparalleled immersive Indian culinary journey. As guests dined, they got to watch the restaurant’s expert chefs (trained under renowned Chef Vineet Bhatia) in action; expertly whipping up classic and contemporary dishes derived from both the streets and the palaces of South Asia. Adrak is truly the BEST Indian restaurant that Toronto has to offer!
- Lanterra Spring Forward: The Spring Forward was held at #31 Parliament and applauded many of Lanterra’s top and platinum brokers for their excellence in sales. In addition, the event celebrated the launch of Lanterra Living— Lanterra’s creative new program, established to help the next generation get into home ownership. Lanterra introduced #TheFive outstanding individuals who will be the first to experience Lanterra Living and ultimately move into their new homes at Natasha The Residences!
- Gumball 3000: On May 27, Bloor-Yorkville was abuzz with sleek cars and superstars for the 22nd Annual Gumball 3000 Rally. The international celebrity rally was a 7-day drive from Toronto to Miami, and had superstars including deadmau5, Bun B, Ken Griffey Jr., David Hasselhoff, CeeLo Green come together to raise money for the Gumball 3000 Foundation, supporting a variety of youth-based projects in low-income communities. For the Toronto leg of the event, the street was transformed into the Gumball Grid, and visitors were invited to come view the incredible supercars before they took off. Team NKPR managed to secure segments and coverage across top-tier print, online and broadcast media including Toronto Star, BlogTO, CP24 and CTV among others.
- Distinguished Social Affair: NKPR proudly supported and participated in Eric Hendrikx‘s Distinguished Social Affair—a fundraising cocktail event in support of prostate cancer awareness and men’s mental health. This fundraiser took place days in advance of this year’s ‘Gentleman’s Ride’—a global motorcycle event raising funds for men’s health. Eric Hendrikx has been a global ambassador for the Distinguished Gentlemen’s Ride since 2018, named Orange County’s 2019 Grand Marshal, leading more than 2,000 dapper motorcyclists along California’s Pacific Coast Highway. At NKPR, eventing is in our bones –– We work directly with clients to assist in the planning, promotion, and execution of events. For the Distinguished Social Affair, NKPR worked with Eric to raise awareness for the initiative and staff the venue to create an intimate experience, with a hand-selected guest list including notable Toronto media and philanthropists.
- Shantelle Bisson Book Launch: Shantelle Bisson‘s third book, ‘Loving yourself without losing your cool,’ is out and we celebrated the occasion by hosting an intimate launch event for Shantelle to promote her newest release and to celebrate her incredible accomplishments. An authority on parenting, Shantelle’s latest book is a super inspirational read filled with sincere life lessons, practical advice and personal stories of Shantelle’s own triumph over childhood trauma.
- Peter Triantos X Eric Hendrikx “Rock & Roll Forever”: NKPR was a proud part of the launch of “ROCK & ROLL FOREVER”, a collaborative exhibition by Rolling Stone contributor, Eric Hendrikx and Toronto-based contemporary painter, Peter Triantos. Held at 21 Avenue Road in Yorkville from June 18—29th, 2022, the show featured Hendrikx’ signed, limited edition black and white photographs of iconic rockstars—Slash, Ben Harper, Fergie, Foo Fighters—along with a unique collaboration of original mixed media artworks by Triantos and Hendrikx. Proceeds from all sales went towards men’s mental health and suicide prevention through Movember and The Unison Fund. Working directly with the team at the Peter Triantos Gallery, NKPR facilitated the curation of a targeted guest list to ensure that both art lovers and media alike had the opportunity to tour the gallery and get the inside scoop on the pieces.
- Yorkville Exotic Car Show: On Father’s Day, Bloor-Yorkville rolled out the red carpet to showcase some of the fanciest cars from around the world at the 12th Annual Yorkville Exotic Car Show. Spanning across 9 car corrals, visitors to the neighbourhood were treated to over 100 classic, rare, and exotic cars! The Yorkville Exotic Car Show is the country’s largest luxury car show and attracted a record crowd of over 100,000 people, and raised $100,000 for the Melanoma Network. NKPR worked to secure coverage on Breakfast Television, CBC Toronto, Global News, CityNews 24, CP24, CTV News, Fairchild TV and across notable online portals too.
- Joseph Ribkoff Amplify 231 Sales Meeting: Team NKPR headed to Montreal for a celebration of fashion with Joseph Ribkoff. Present in 60 countries worldwide, the meeting brought together 200 country managers to immerse themselves in a week-long celebration of #JR. To kick off the occasion, Natasha was asked to deliver her 2018 TEDx Talk on The Importance of Showing Up to inspire the team, and set the tone for the exciting week!